Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Yours to Uncover ES Siren 1 by Mel Tescho

Yours to Uncover (ES Siren, #1)

Description via Goodreads:

Is she willing to sacrifice everything to keep her secret and her lover safe?

It's the year 2202. Earth is grossly overpopulated and seriously polluted. Rita Songworth has spent half her twenty-two years trying to escape the dying planet. It's taken the last five of those years to realize making it in the hard-ass infantry is her only way out, via space transporter Earth Ship Siren.

But the journey to Unity, the new colony, isn't easy. Rita has to resist an attraction to hard, brutish prisoner, Tristan MacFallan, whose masterful hands create more than the beautiful art he's been assigned to make. His forbidden touch affects her profoundly and he sees things in her no man ever has before. But obeying Zane, her ex-lover and malicious lieutenant, who is appointed to keeping the prisoners under guard, comes at a high price. Is she willing to sacrifice everything to keep her secret and her lover safe?

This book sounded very interesting to me. I mean, how can a person who loves Star Trek. Star Wars and romance novels pass up a story that takes place in space with a romance attached? Not me! I eagerly sunk my teeth into the story and devoured it as fast as I could. I loved the fact that the main character was a strong female. . . or was she? This is where it got a little confusing. Rita is a high ranking soldier in the security division, yet she has attached herself to an officer for protection? And then as the story progresses she is tough one minute and a cowering female the next? I really wanted to like her, but I felt myself starting to lose respect for her.
Then there is Zane. Miss Tescho did a super job developing Zane's character. There is NO WAY any one could ever like him! She knows exactly how to create a total slime bag!
Okay, then there is Tristan. Ahhh, Miss Tescho's description leaves you drooling on your tablet or book (whichever you are using). I almost had to get myself a bib to keep from ruining my tablet.
The sex scenes are HOT. Miss Tescho does a very good job of keeping the sex tasteful, yet hot.
The story line is very well developed until about the last 25% of the book. It felt like Miss Tescho was running out of ideas. She was developing her story, pulling me in, and then BAM! All of a sudden the climax was there and within a few short sentences, it was over.
I did like the story. Miss Tescho is a talented writer. I just wish she had kept going with the story instead of pretty much slamming the door on the plot.
I do recommend this book. I feel that it is a worthwhile read. If you do read this book, please comment on this page with your opinion. I would love to find out what you think.

I received a copy of this book for free in return for an honest review. Thank you to Miss Tescho and Momentum Books for this opportunity.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment